Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
The new 5.7-inch VGA display from Kyocera has a thickness of just 6 mm and only weighs 100 grams
26. syyskuuta 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group and leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, is extending its portfolio with a new 5.7-inch VGA TFT module (4:3) that is particularly suitable for use in portable devices.
Devices for industrial applications are following the trend of consumer electronics: becoming smaller, thinner and lighter. However, it is crucial that these devices have high quality and the resilience for everyday use in rough environments.
Kyocera’s new, extra-thin and extra-light LCD module is specifically designed for portable devices that are used in demanding industrial environments such as testing and measurement equipment, auto repair shops, medical diagnostics and marine applications.
The slim and light TCG057VGLAAANN-GN20 module has a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels and a narrow frame. Its outer dimensions are 127.2 mm x 100.4 mm x 6 mm with a display area of 115.2 mm x 86.4 mm. The device offers a brightness of 450 cd/m² with a contrast of 500:1 and a viewing angle of 160° both horizontally and vertically. In addition, it has an LVDS interface, an operating temperature range from -20°C to 70°C. The built-in LED driver circuit incorporates a PWM dimming control, which achieves a wide LED backlight dimming range of 0.1% to 100%.
This is particularly useful in meeting equipment design requirements where a highly dimmable display is needed. Having the LED driver circuit built in also helps to simplify the design process and reduce external component requirements. Kyocera’s built-in LED driver ensures a more cost-effective solution.
“A robust industrial design can now also be small and light,” says Eberhard Schill, Sales Manager Distribution Sales and Marketing, Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “This development further contributes to making the workplace more ergonomic.”
Kyocera has 40 years of experience in innovative LCD technologies and is a preferred supplier of industrial, automotive and medical displays. The company is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce its use of environmentally hazardous substances in manufacturing. Naturally, the company complies with the EU directive on the application of hazardous substances (RoHS Directive – Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KUUSI KYOCERAN TUOTETTA SAANUT FROM BUYERS LAB:IN “2017 SUMMER PICK” -PALKINNON
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA Document Solutions lanseeraa KYOCERA FLEET SERVICES -palvelun
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- KYOCERA tuo markkinoille 10 uutta monitoimilaitetta
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- Buyers Laboratory antaa KYOCERA TASKalfa 406ci -monitoimilaitteelle "Higly recommended" -tunnustuksen
- KYOCERA laajentaa ohjelmistojen valikoimaa automatisoimaan skannauksen työnkulkuja
- KYOCERA jälleen luottopakkina jääkiekon MM-kisoissa Venäjällä
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development